This position is part of the Board of Governors administrative team and reports to the Director, Human Resources & Administration within the Office of Finance and Administration. The primary activity will be to staff the main suite for the Chancellor of the State University System.
Responsibilities, duties, and activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Acts as one of two receptionists for the main suite; greet visitors and answer phones.
• Direct phone calls and visitors to the appropriate office or individual.
• Provides assistance office-wide as assigned.
- Full-time college student;
- GPA minimum 3.0;
- Available to work an average of 20 hours during work week (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.);
- Required experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word)
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Strong personal skills needed to interact with the public.
Prior office, clerical experience
How to Apply
Submit cover letter; resume; and State of Florida application. This position requires pre-employment background screening. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit additional information.
$15.00 per hour
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions- ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities-serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process
For questions regarding current vacancies, please contact Human Resources and Administrative Services via email at [email protected]
Close Date: 11/28/2023
Ref #: 05121
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1626
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-0400