The Florida Board of Governors is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Technical Business Analyst (Position# 48001120) within the Information Technology and Security (ITS) Department. As a Technical Business Analyst, you will be a part of the ITS Application Development Team, that primarily develops and supports web-based applications using ORACLE database (19.8) and ORACLE Application Express (APEX) as the front end.
- Develop strong relationships with Business and Technical groups as well as with our end-users in order to improve IT services, support and customer satisfaction.
- Gain an understanding of the organization’s business processes and perform thorough determination of user needs at system or/and process level.
- Design and document Technical solutions to the user needs utilizing the most appropriate tools available. Documentation should use a variety of business analysis modeling techniques including, but not limited to flowcharting, use cases and use case diagrams, user stories, and requirements traceability matrices.
- Develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to the Application Development Team.
- Flesh out details of a business solution, which requires a good understanding of how technological solutions are implemented.
- Work closely with the Developers in coming up with a Prototype for new applications.
- Develop Test scripts utilizing comprehensive business requirements.
- Testing the developed applications and validate the applications meet the business requirements.
- Work on more than one project at a time and hence constantly reevaluate priorities and deadlines.
- Participate in the development and review of policies, procedures and standards within the Information Technology and Security (ITS) Department.
- Work in cooperation with Project Manager, Senior Business Analyst and Developers.
- Bachelor degree and five years of experience.
- Experience in IT Projects as a Business Analyst or related duties.
- Experience in eliciting, and documenting business rules and/or processes.
- Good writing skills – must be able to present technical information in a written form that is clear and understandable to Technical and non-technical Stakeholders.
- Experience in Microsoft Visio or similar tool to draw Visio diagrams, Process Flows, and Flow charts.
- Experience in Balsamiq or similar tool to create prototypes.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience in performing manual application testing.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and work with others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Successful candidate will be expected to give demonstrations of prototypes and completed projects. Strong presentation skills are preferred.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter; resume; and State of Florida application. This position requires pre-employment background screening. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit additional information.
$55,000 to $60,000, hiring is normally at the lower salary range unless education and experience greatly exceeds the minimum qualifications.
If you have a desire to serve the people of Florida and work in the number one higher education system in the country, a career with the Board of Governors will allow you to do so while offering an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance (over 80% employer paid)
- Basic life insurance policy (100% employer paid)
- Dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- First-rate retirement program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
This position requires pre-employment background screening that includes fingerprinting.
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions— ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities—serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process
Note: Only US citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
Ref #: 01120
For questions regarding current vacancies, please contact Human Resources and Administrative Services via email at [email protected]
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
200 West College Avenue, Suite 202
Tallahassee, Fl 32301