Distance learning is any type of instructional delivery in which the instructor and students are not physically present together. Various technologies are used to provide content and facilitate student-teacher and student-student communication such as online textbooks, smartphones, and computers. E-mail, video conferencing, chat sessions, and discussion boards enable communication in real time (synchronously) or anytime when accessed through a course Web site (asynchronously).
Institutions in the State University System collectively offer hundreds of degree programs – and thousands of course sections – online through web-based technologies. These degree programs and courses may be accessed through the institutions’ websites listed below or through the following links available at the Florida Virtual Campus FloridaShines website: a link to state university and state college online degree programs, and a link to a search engine for Florida’s online course catalog.
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University arrow_forward
- Florida Atlantic University arrow_forward
- Florida Gulf Coast University arrow_forward
- Florida International University arrow_forward
- Florida State University arrow_forward
- University of Central Florida arrow_forward
- University of Florida arrow_forward
- University of North Florida arrow_forward
- University of South Florida arrow_forward
- University of West Florida arrow_forward