Section 1004.085, Florida Statutes, establishes requirements regarding the textbook and instructional materials adoption process at public colleges and institutions in Florida. The law requires each institution’s board of trustees in the State University System to submit an annual report by September 30 of each year, beginning in 2016, to the Chancellor of the State University System. In 2019, Chapter 2019-4, Laws of Florida removed subsections (4) and (8) of section 1004.085, Florida Statutes. Each institution’s report is required to address four components.
- The selection process for textbooks and instructional materials for general education courses identified with high enrollments.
- Specific initiatives of each institution designed to reduce the costs of textbooks and instructional materials.
- Institution policies implemented for the posting of textbooks and instructional materials information for students.
- The number of courses and course sections that did not meet the textbook and instructional materials posting deadline in the previous academic year.
The State University System summary report and individual university textbook and instructional materials reports are located below.
Textbook and Instructional Materials Affordability Reports – 2019
- Chancellor’s Summary Report
- FAMU Report
- FAU Report
- FGCU Report
- FIU Report
- FPU Report
- FSU Report
- NCF Report
- UCF Report
- UF Report
- UNF Report
- USF Report
- UWF Report