Information Technology and Security (ITS) – is the technology operational arm of the Florida Board of Governors.
- To develop secure custom computer applications that provide for the implementation of effective and efficient business processes.
- To provide leadership and coordination in the areas of information technology.
- To oversee cybersecurity operations for the Board office and coordinate with the Universities to lower the system’s cybersecurity risk.
- To coordinate and manage the Board offices’ information technology infrastructure.
- Acts as chief steward of the Board office information technology systems.
- Designs, develops, and maintains applications to provide decision support for the Board Office.
- Implements computer controls to secure all Board data assets.
- Designs, maintains, and manages the Board’s public website.
- Provides information technology services coordination and leadership to the universities in numerous ways, such as:
- By coordinating regular communications and meetings among the 12 university Chief Information Officers
- By coordinating regular communications and meetings among the 12 university Chief Information Security Officers
- By sharing best practices in regards to technology
- By leveraging the “power” of the university system to negotiate system wide technology purchases at discounts significantly greater than any one institution could obtain on their own.
- Develop System wide policies to ensure compliance to industry information technology standards.