The Florida Board of Governors is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Technical Lead within the Information Technology and Security (ITS) Department. As a Senior Technical Lead, you will be a part of the ITS Application Development Team and lead a team of three developers that primarily develops and supports web-based applications using the ORACLE database and ORACLE Application Express (APEX) as the front-end.
Responsibilities, duties, and activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead a team of developers from a range of experience and backgrounds.
- Should Mentor and direct application developers on projects.
- Interface and coordinate with contracted ITS where applicable.
- Provide technical leadership in designing, developing, enhancing, testing, debugging, and implementing APEX Applications per the Client’s requirements.
- Provide Technical and non-technical support to both Board of Governors and University Staff in using applications.
- Design, Develop and Implement APEX Applications.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure applications are delivered on time.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts to identify Application Requirements.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Director and ensure the deliverables are of high quality.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to the APEX applications.
- Maintain and improve the functionality of the existing applications.
- Document Applications, Database objects, System interfaces, and Reports using available tools.
- Participate in developing and implementing Standard application development tools, reusable development templates, and components.
- Review the codes and the deliverables of the Team members and provide feedback periodically.
- Performance tuning the PL/SQL code and application programs.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related area, with 8-10 years of relevant work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12-15 years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to those with 2-3 years of experience as a Technical Lead for software development projects.
- Oracle Certifications:
- Entry-level certifications may be used for education and experience for one year of credit.
- Advanced level certifications may be used towards education and experience for two years of credit.
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL is required.
- Experience with Relational databases is required.
- Knowledge of ORACLE Application Express (APEX) is a plus.
- PMP certification a plus
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter; resume; and State of Florida application. This position requires pre-employment background screening. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit additional information.
Salary range $78,000 – $80,000, based on qualifications and experience.
If you have a desire to serve the people of Florida and work in the number one higher education system in the country, a career with the Board of Governors will allow you to do so while offering an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance (over 80% employer paid)
- Basic life insurance policy (100% employer paid)
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance options
- First-rate retirement program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
This position requires pre-employment background screening that includes fingerprinting.
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions— ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities—serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process.
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1626
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-0400