Florida Board of Governors Meeting
March 23-24, 2011
Alumni Center, Florida State University, 1030 West Tennessee Street, Tallahassee, FL 32304
E-Learning Workshop, Academic and Student Affairs Committee
Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 2:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Opening Remarks: - Governor Ann Duncan
- The workshop is intended to provide an interactive opportunity for Board members and university trustees to learn about many facets of e-learning and its implementation across the SUS.
- The workshop will conclude with a dialogue about policy issues and a discussion of next steps at the Board of Governors and Trustee levels.
- A Common Understanding:
- What is the current status of the State University System (SUS) within the rapidly changing higher education environment? - Mr. Richard Stevens, Board Staff
- Presentation [670.0 KB ppt]
- What is the Florida Distance Learning Consortium (FDLC) and how does it assist the SUS? - Dr. John Opper, Executive Director, FDLC
- Presentation [1.3 MB ppt]
- A National and International Perspective: - Dr. Bruce Chaloux, Executive Director, SREB Electronic Campus and President Sloan-C
- Presentation [870.0 KB ppt]
- What are other states doing to address emerging opportunities in E-Learning?
- What are the elements of success and failure?
- Examples of Best Practices:
- How do institutions balance quality, student and faculty success, engagement, and satisfaction? - Dr. Joel Hartman, Vice Provost and CIO, UCF
- Presentation [1.2 MB ppt]
- What are the elements of a cost-effective program that ensures accreditation, library resources, business services, and academic support? - Dr. Pam Northrup, Dean, College of Professional Studies, UWF
- Presentation [3.6 MB ppt]
- State Challenges, Opportunities, and Potential Public Policies: - Governor Duncan
- What, if any, policies are needed to ensure quality, capacity, opportunity, and competition?
- What, if any, strategic goals should be set for the State University System related to E-Learning?
- Concluding Remarks: - Governor Duncan
- Complete Packet of Agenda Materials for Printing (formatted for 2-sided printing):
- Committee packet [528.5 KB doc]