The Board Office Telework Policy provides procedures and step-by-step guidance to supervisors and employees who are interested in telework. You can view the Board’s Telework Policy and supporting documents below.
Telework Policy – Policy taken from Internal Operating Policy and Procedure 2_4_1 2023_08 Attendance
Telework Agreement – Agreement between our office and the teleworker that establishes the terms and conditions of a telework arrangement.
Eligibility for telework
The board office identifies positions that are suitable for telework based on the job duties of each position. In addition to the position requirements, individual employees must have the ability to work independently and successfully communicate with coworkers and their supervisor. You can view the guidelines the board office uses to determine eligibility below.
Guidelines for Evaluating Position Eligibility— a tool managers use to determine whether the job duties of a position are suitable for telework.
Factors that affect employee eligibility for telework:
The Chancellor will consider several factors when making final decisions regarding telework. While the board office may consider a position suitable and an employee eligible, opportunities for telework are limited. Below are some of the factors the board office considers when making final telework decisions.
- The ability to perform duties outside of the usual place of work.
- The benefit to the board office.
- The employee’s performance record, knowledge, skills, abilities, and work habits.
- The availability of resources to provide on-going secure network access, communications, or other required equipment.
- The work unit’s ability to provide essential services to customers.
- The impact on work flow and other work unit employees.