The Florida Board of Governors is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Systems Project Consultant 48001097 within the Information Technology and Security (ITS) Department. As a System Project Consultant, you will be a part of the ITS Application Development Team, that primarily develops and supports web-based applications using ORACLE database (12c) and ORACLE Application Express (APEX) as the front end.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, enhance, test, debug, and implement software solution in accordance with the Client requirements.
- Work with the Business Analyst to identify Application Requirements.
- Strong experience with Oracle functions, stored procedures, triggers, packages & performance tuning.
- Hands on development using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Performance tune SQL’s, application programs and instances.
- Provide Technical support to both Board of Governors and University Staff in using applications.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Perform major enhancement to existing applications.
- Develop Test plans for new and existing applications.
- Document Applications, Database objects, System interfaces and Reports using change management software. Documentation may include, but are not limited to: UML Models, Database Design Models, User Interface Mockups, and Flowcharts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Standard application development tools, reusable development templates and components.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related area, an AA with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, or a high school diploma with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of related experience, or combination of education and/or experience.
- Oracle Certifications:
- Entry level certs may be used towards education and experience for 1 year of credit.
- Advanced level certs may be used towards education and experience for 2 year of credit.
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL is required.
- Knowledge of Relational Database is a plus.
- Knowledge of ORACLE Application Express (APEX) is a plus.
How to Apply
You must apply in the People First system. Applicants selected for an interview may be required to submit additional information.
$50,000 to $60,000, hiring is normally at the lower salary range unless education and experience greatly exceeds the minimum qualifications.
This position requires pre-employment background screening that includes fingerprinting.
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions- ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities-serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process
Post Date: 2020-02-24
Close Date: 2020-03-31
Ref #: 01097
For questions regarding current vacancies, please contact Human Resources and Administrative Services via email at [email protected]
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1626
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-0400