The Florida Board of Governors is seeking qualified candidates for the position of SQL Developer within the Office of Data & Analytics (ODA). This position will assist ODA’s Senior Developers with the development and maintenance of Oracle relational database objects that are used to collect data about Florida’s twelve public universities. This position requires a strong knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL to create, test and document procedures and packages that ensure data integrity. This position is not a Database Administrator position.
Responsibilities, duties, and activities may include but are not limited to the following.
- Develops, analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, and distributes (edits, updates, reports) computer software and documentation for production releases of SUS database files.
- Reviews and modifies code for upcoming year based on legislative changes and data needs.
- Reviews and modifies reports as needed.
- Maintains documentation on assigned areas of expertise.
- Provides technical support to university staff in using and building SUS database files.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Masters can substitute for experience;
• At least two (2) years of professional experience using oracle SQL and PL/SQL.;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as part of their work in a team environment;
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills and a work ethic that goes beyond giving the minimum effort;
• Detail-oriented with a passion for solving problems
• Strong preference for applicants with three of more years of professional experience using TOAD for Oracle;
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math or management information systems are considered a plus;
• Experience in higher education administration or institutional research is considered but not required.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter; resume; and State of Florida application. This position requires pre-employment background screening. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit additional information.
Salary range $60,000 – $65,000, based on qualifications and experience.
If you have a desire to serve the people of Florida and work in the number one higher education system in the country, a career with the Board of Governors will allow you to do so while offering an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance (over 95% employer paid)
- Basic life insurance policy (100% employer paid)
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance options
- First-rate retirement program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions- ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities-serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process
For questions regarding current vacancies, please contact Human Resources and Administrative Services via email at [email protected]
Post Date: 11/29/2023
Ref #: 01093
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1626
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-0400