The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for promoting the Board and Chancellor’s key messages via various social media platforms; identifying and recommending to the director new social media platforms or strategies to proactively push out messages; reaching out to media and other audiences and cultivate an accessible, approachable web presence. This is an established internship program in which the coordinator reports to the Communications and Legislative Coordinator and Assistant Vice Chancellor of Strategic Communications and Public Affairs to ensure coordinated messaging efforts. Commitment is 20-25 hours per week between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Often, previous interns have continued the position for multiple semesters.
Responsibilities, duties, and activities may include but are not limited to the following.
- Social Media Plan: Create a weekly social media plan to promote State University System news, including a weekly Did U Know, More than Just a Number, and Florida Minds Shine Brighter feature. Audience: elected leaders, universities, students, media
- Social Media Platforms – Manage Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages by demonstrating the work of the Board of Governors – including messages from the Chancellor and individual board members, promotion of events, and weekly System initiatives.
- Audience: elected leaders, universities, students.
- Daily clips: Collect and distribute daily news clips about the State University System, Board of Governors and other pertinent higher education issues.
- Update website event page: Find interesting campus events, including photos where applicable, from each university website event pages.
- Video and Graphics: Edit video and create graphics, as needed.
- Full-time student with background in marketing and/or communications;
- Available to work each weekday morning (exact timing is flexible);
- Excellent writing skills.
- At least one previous internship in public relations or marketing.
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Movie Maker, and other creative software.
- Preferred incoming junior, senior or graduate student.
How to Apply
You must apply in the People First system. Attach a copy of your current class schedule, transcript, and available work hours. Applicants selected for interview may be required to submit additional information. Click the link below to apply.
$13 per hour
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions- ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities-serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process
For questions regarding current vacancies, please contact Human Resources and Administrative Services via email at [email protected]
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1626
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-0400