The Personnel Technician II position will work in a 2 person HR Office and back up the Director of Human Resources and Administration. This person will be involved in all areas of human resources.
Responsibilities, duties, and activities may include but are not limited to the following.
- Serves as receptionist for the Board Office and forwards calls to the correct staff member.
- Opens mail, date stamps, and ensures it is routed to the correct office.
- Office support duties including setting up personnel files, editing and updating new employee handbooks, schedule meetings and training, organizing and archiving files
- Ensure the Board Office has up to date literature on the bulletin board
- Assist in updating the Internal Operating Policies and Procedures (IOPP)
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing for accuracy time sheets in People First
- Available for time sheet approval
- Run attendance and leave reports to ensure comp time is used appropriately
- Monitor incoming applications and make them readily available for manager viewing
- Prepare new employee handbooks, name plate, and name badge
- Run reports to ensure Performance Expectations and Evaluations task are completed timely
- Complete employment verification requests.
- Scanning and closing out separated employee files
- Filing and file audits
- Assists with maintaining the Sick Leave Transfer Plan and Sick Leave donation program
- Assist with leave payout and leave transfers
- Assist with DOE badge issuance, badge termination
- Assists director with documentation, coordination, and updating processes and procedures
- Providing office clerical support to staff as needed.
- Other human resource duties as assigned
Associate’s degree and minimum of two (2) years’ experience with the State Personnel System. Experience can substitute for education. Knowledge of DMS Rules 60L and the ability to navigate People First.
How to Apply
You must apply in the People First system. Applicants selected for interview may be required to submit additional information. Click the link below to apply.
Anticipated range $23,000 to $27,500; hiring is normally at the lower salary range unless education and experience greatly exceeds the minimum qualifications.
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions- ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities-serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process
For questions regarding current vacancies, please contact Human Resources and Administrative Services via email at [email protected]
Post Date: 2020-02-27
Ref #: 03813
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1626
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-0400