This is professional position reporting to the Budget Officer within the Office of Finance and Administration. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the monitoring and development of the Board of Governors’ Central Office budget;
- Assist in research and analysis for preparation of Legislative Budget Requests and amendments; including preparation of narrative and input of information into LAS/PBS;
- Responsible for purchasing functions for the office including experience with MyFloridaMarketplace;
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer and Budget Officer with disbursements and records related to the Board of Governors’ Foundation, Inc. thru the QuickBooks Software program;
- Assists with daily review of FLAIR and other accounting systems to ensure proper and timely payments;
- Assist with posting of formal competitive solicitations and single sources in Vendor Information Portal.
Bachelor’s degree in related field (such as accounting, finance, business) and minimum of two (2) years directly related professional experience with budgeting, procurement, and/or accounting, or 5 years directly related professional experience with State of Florida budgeting, procurement, and/or accounting.
Prefer experience to include working with State of Florida; knowledge and experience using MyFloridaMarketplace (MFMP), Florida Accounting Information Resource (FLAIR) and QuickBooks software.
How to Apply
Submit an application in PeopleFirst. Applicants selected for interview may be required to submit additional information.
Anticipated range $45,000 to $50,000; hiring is normally at the lower salary range unless education and experience greatly exceeds the minimum qualifications.
Only US citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
If you have a desire to serve the people of Florida and work in the number one higher education system in the country, a career with the Board of Governors will allow you to do so while offering an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance (over 80% employer paid)
- Basic life insurance policy (100% employer paid)
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance options
- First-rate retirement program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
This position requires pre-employment background screening that includes fingerprinting.
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions— ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities—serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process.
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 W Gaines Street, Suite 1626
Tallahassee, Fl 32301