Cybersecurity Support Technician (48003831)
The Florida Board of Governors is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Cybersecurity Support Technician (Position# 48003831) within the Information Technology and Security(ITS) department.
Responsibilities, duties, and activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs security threat hunting, analysis, and response utilizing the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool and other Department monitoring tools.
- Perform vulnerability management activities such as monitoring, tracking, and escalation.
- Develop and maintain Information Security Internal Operating Policies and Procedures ( IOPPs)
- Assist with backup and recovery service, including monitoring, testing, and evaluating backup and recovery operations
- Assist with implementation, ongoing management, and monitoring of managed security tools such as SIEM, IDS, IPS, and Vulnerability Management tools.
- Participates in security incident response.
- Assist with emergency events and state response activities in coordination with the Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Assist in developing and maintaining agency disaster recovery and Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer security, or closely related focus and two years of IT networking, cyber security, or similar hands-on technical experience encompassing a combination of customer support, network, and security or
- An Associates’ Degree in information technology, computer security, or closely related focus and five years IT networking, cyber security, or similar hands-on technical experience encompassing a combination of customer support, network, and security or
- Six years of job experience handling IT networking, cyber security, or similar hands-on technical experience encompassing a combination of customer support, network, and security.
- Experience demonstrating implementation of managed security tools such as SIEM, IDS, IPS, and Vulnerability Management Tools.
- Knowledge of cyber security best practices and frameworks such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), Center for Internet Security Critical Security Controls (CIS), or similar.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge and experience applying the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) triad concept to determine risk probability and risk impact and design mitigating control(s) in alignment with the risk.
- Any industry-recognized IT or security certification.
- Experience demonstrating vulnerability scanning tool configuration and setup.
- Experience participating in CSIRT or similar organizational security incident response.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management Solutions.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter; resume; and State of Florida application. This position requires pre-employment background screening. Applicants selected for interviews may be required to submit additional information.
Salary range $65,000 – $80,000, based on qualifications and experience.
If you have a desire to serve the people of Florida and work in the number one higher education system in the country, a career with the Board of Governors will allow you to do so while offering an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance (over 80% employer paid)
- Basic life insurance policy (100% employer paid)
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance options
- First-rate retirement program
- Vacation and sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedules
This position requires pre-employment background screening that includes fingerprinting.
As one of the nation’s largest university systems, the State University System of Florida is comprised of 12 institutions— ranging from a nationally-ranked liberal arts college to top-ranked comprehensive research universities—serving more than 350,000 students. The Florida Board of Governors is the constitutionally created body that oversees the System, ensuring its well-planned coordination and operation. The 17-member Board appoints a Chancellor who serves as the chief executive officer of the System, providing guidance to the Board and oversight of the Board Office, which is located in Tallahassee, Florida. The Board of Governors Office: Is an EEO/AA Employer | Does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace | Only hires U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. | Contact us if you require an accommodation to participate in the selection process.
Human Resources and Administrative Services
Board of Governors
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1644A
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-0400