Expenditure Analysis in State University System Institutions
The Expenditure Analysis tool allows users to select different breakdowns of instructional expenditure data for individual programs, both systemwide and for each state university.
For more information about the State University System's Expenditure Analysis, including detailed reports from the 2000-01 academic year to the present, please refer to the overview section of any of the Expenditure Analysis reports.
For data describing the sources of university finances, see the Institutional Finance tables in the State University System Fact Books.
Expenditure Analysis Glossary:
- Discipline - Broad categories used to classify instructional programs as defined by National Center for Education Statistics.
- Student Level - The student's progress at the beginning of the term toward a specific degree or certificate, defined in the State University System Data Dictionary.
- Direct Expenditures - Direct expenditures on instruction, primarily faculty salaries and benefits.
- Indirect Expenditures - Other expenditures not related to the direct expenditures are distributed to the direct cost activities. Indirect expenditures include academic administration, academic advising, libraries and other media resources, student services, university support, and plant operation and maintenance.
- Total Expenditures - The sum of direct and indirect expenditures.