Executive Director of Communications
MEDIA ADVISORY: Board of Governors' committee chairman: Florida Polytech trustee interview process is continuing
MEDIA ADVISORY—JUNE 18, 2012
BOARD OF GOVERNORS’ COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN:
FLORIDA POLYTECH TRUSTEE INTERVIEW PROCESS IS CONTINUING
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.—The Chair of the Board of Governors’ Trustee Nominating and Development Committee, Mori Hosseini of Daytona Beach, announced today that the interview process for the Florida Polytechnic University trustee applicants remains well under way, and that appointments will not be considered at this week’s Board of Governors meeting.
“Creating a new university is a rare and remarkable opportunity, and appointing a well-qualified, diverse and effective charter Board of Trustees will be critical for this new institution’s success. We are working closely with the Governor’s Appointments Office to avoid any appointee duplication – we must ensure that the final full slate of trustees embodies a wide range of skills, professional experiences, and cultural diversity that will help us build Florida Polytechnic University.”
“Quality is driving this process, and we are identifying and vetting our most-qualified candidates so that the Board of Governors can announce its appointments in the coming weeks,” Hosseini added.
NOTES FOR MEDIA:
- The Board of Governors has a three-day regular business meeting in Orlando this week: www.flbog.edu. Half of the schedule is each institution presenting a University 3-Year Work Plan, a strategic planning and performance metrics document that the Board of Governors takes up every year in June. Other trustee appointments (for New College and FAMU) remain on the agenda.
- The Board of Governors’ own Select Committee on Florida Polytechnic University – which Hosseini leads as Chair in addition to his role as the Board of Governors’ Vice Chair – has been working with USF over many months to ensure that the Board of Governors has addressed various transition issues and other aspects until a Board of Trustees is in place, through our five Board appointments and Governor Scott’s six trustee appointments. Senate Bill 1994 was “effective upon signature,” and was signed by the Governor on April 20. The only issue directly associated with the new fiscal year on July 1 is that several budget-related items either change over or start on July 1 – while many administrative and governance matters do not have the same precise deadline.
- The persons indicated by a “strike-through” below have withdrawn their applications during the past few weeks for a variety of reasons. The Board of Governors is at 52 total applicants at this time. (These withdrawals came well before today’s decision above—this is just a housekeeping note with multiple notes packaged together.)
- Regarding the “reverter clause” issue on the property/land, Chair Hosseini will speak to that issue directly on Thursday during the full Board of Governors meeting.
- For more info on university Boards of Trustees and this process, see the info below and here: http://www.flbog.edu/aboutsus/ubt.php.
Florida Polytech University
Alford Carol C. 05/30/12 Lakeland, FL Internal Auditor, Hillsborough Community College
Allen Eric Keith 05/31/12 Lakeland, FL Attorney, Law Offices of Eric Allen
Armstrong Jack David 05/31/12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL President, Broward College
Bach Tim J. 05/07/12 Apopka, FL President/Owner of Patterson/ Bach Communications Advertising Agency
Bacon Gregory Allen 05/31/12 Indianapolis, IN Application Specialist, Auralex Acoustics
Block Trudy Alice 05/30/12 Polk City, FL City Councilor, City of Polk City
Brame Roderic Ian 05/30/12 Land O Lakes, FL Program Director/Assistant Professor, Florida Polytechnic Univ.
Brown Joshua Keith 05/25/12 Auburndale, FL Attorney w/Peterson/Myers
Buetow Curtis J. 05/30/12 Davenport, FL Engineering Manager w/Powerteam Generation
Clark Gary E. 05/29/12 Lakeland, FL Independent Consultant w/CPS Investment Advisors, Financial Services
Clark Ronald Lyle 06/01/12 Lakeland, FL Attorney and Chairman Clark, Campbell and Lancaster P.A.
Cloud ThomasAlexander 05/17/12 Orlando, FL Attorney/Partner w/Gray Robinson
Dicks John Larry 5/31/12 Plant City, FL Attorney of Counsel, Trinkle Redman
Duncan Ann Wilkins 05/31/12 Tarpon Springs, FL President/Founder Vertical Integration, Inc.
Emst Robert Elliott 05/29/12 Auburndale, FL Business Analyst w/Pallet One, Inc., Manufacturing
English Robert F. 05/25/12 Lakeland, FL CEO of Valiant Products, Manufacturing
Evans Jonathan Edward 05/30/12 Oldsmar, FL Assistant to the City Manager, City of Largo
Evans Mygnon Champion 06/01/12 Lakeland, FL Attorney/Owner Mygnon Evans Law Office
Featherman Sandra Green 05/30/12 Highland Beach, FL Retired; past President of the University of New England
Fleming John Edward 06/01/12 Winter Haven, FL President, Phoenix Industries, LLC
Gambrell Carroll Blake 05/30/12 Lakeland, FL Retired the last 5 years; Ph.D in Engineering
Gardner Robert LeGrande 05/29/12 Lakeland, FL Ph.D from Virginia Polytechnic Institute; current instructor at Florida Polytechnic University
Grasse James Martin 06/01/12 Lakeland, FL Delaware North Corporation, Concessions
Griffith Winston Nichols 05/31/12 Tallahassee, FL Program Specialist, Leon County Schools
Hallion, Jr Richard Paul 05/17/12 Shalimar, FL Research Associate in Aeronautics, National Air & Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution
Hatcher Neysa Hope 05/31/12 Winter Haven, FL Inspector in Charge, United States Dept. of Agriculture
Hendricks John Wayne 05/31/12 Sarasota, FL Managing Partner, Strategic Technologies
Kincart Robert Owen 05/25/12 Lakeland, FL Scientist/President of American Compliance Technology, Science & Engineering
Kimberlin Ralph Dace 05/31/12 Winter Haven, FL Retired Professor and Consultant
Lewis Charles Alan 05/30/12 Carrabelle, FL Consultant, SANA, LC, Medical Technology
Oldt Thomas Roe 05/29/12 Winter Haven, FL President/Registered Principal of Thomas Oldt Investment Services, Investment Advisory/Asset Management
Pittman Terry Eugene 05/30/12 Eagle Lake, FL CEO of Business Builders of America
Raymond Maurice A. 05/29/12 Lakeland, FL Retired – Ph.D in Polymer Chemistry from UF; last position was Director of Research & Dev. w/Rhone-Poulenc, Chemical in 1995
Rezendes, II Joseph 05/30/12 Safety Harbor, FL Senior Security Analyst at Franklin Templeton, Inc., Financial Services
Rhodes Deborah Lynn 05/31/12 Lakeland, FL Adjunct Instructor, Palomar College
Riddle Kenneth Leon 05/31/12 Lakeland, FL Supervisor of Chemical Programs, Lakeland Electric
Robinson James David 05/30/12 Lakeland, FL President/CEO DSM Technology Consultants
Roeser, Jr. John Franklin 05/30/12 Davenport, FL Retired; past Group Vice President at Howard Johnson Company; past Vice President American Can Company; currently Park Event Operations at Walt Disney World
Russo Christopher David 05/29/12 Auburndale, FL Attorney w/Moody Law, P.A.
Sanoba Gregory A. 05/31/12 Lakeland, FL President/Owner The Sanoba Law Firm
Scaringe Robert Peter 05/10/12 Rockledge, FL President/CEO of Mainstream Engineering Corp.; R&D/Manufacturing
Shaheen Richard Labib 05/25/12 Jupiter, FL Senior Director Engineering & Technical Services; Fla. Power & Light
Shannon John Hugh 05/31/12 Lakeland, FL Attorney, John Hugh Shannon, P.A.
Sommer Douglas Dean 06/01/12 Lakeland, FL Independent Contractor, ITW, QMI, Wynn’s
Strickland Eugene Swaney 06/01/12 Lakeland, FL City Manager, City of Lakeland
Thompson Jonathan Wade 05/25/12 Lakeland, FL Physical Therapist; currently Director of Operations at Bond Clinic in Winter Haven
Wilson Donald Herbert 05/31/12 Homeland, FL Partner/Attorney w/Boswell & Dunlap
# # #