Florida Board of Governors Meeting
February 23, 2006
Florida A&M University, H. Manning Efferson Ballroom - Student Union, Tallahassee, Florida
Medical Education Workshop
Thursday, February 23, 2006, 12:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Convene Workshop / Welcome / Introductions: - Chair Carolyn Roberts
- Review of Previous Medical Education Activities: - Dr. R. E. LeMon; Dr. Krista Mooney
- Letter to Chair Roberts from Dr. Tippett, President, Florida Medical Association [243.5 KB doc]
- Presentation [44.5 KB ppt]
- Staff will briefly review previous activities and CEPRI recommendations submitted November, 2004.
- Presentation of Consultant for Medical Education: - Dr. Michael Whitcomb
- Executive Summary [25.5 KB doc]
- Presentation [29.5 KB ppt]
- Dr. Whitcomb will present on issues related to the rationale for expansion of medical education, strategic approaches to expansion, decision points for Graduate Medical Education, and potential impact of a given strategy on Florida’s economy and healthcare delivery.
- Workshop Discussion on Medical Education: - Dr. Michael Whitcomb; BOG Members
- Dr. Whitcomb will engage in a question/answer discussion with the Members of the Board of Governors.
- Concluding Remarks: - Chair Carolyn Roberts; Dr. Michael Whitcomb
- Adjournment: - Chair Carolyn Roberts