Services for Students with Disabilities
Students with disabilities are welcome on all campuses of the State University System. If students wish to receive accommodations while enrolled, they should contact the student disability office at the university. Links to the individual university offices are listed below.
As students exit high school and begin postsecondary education, they transition from the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This transition affects the types of services provided and the responsibilities of both students and postsecondary institutions. To understand the basic differences between IDEA and ADA, students may want to review the following Web site sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
University Student Disability Resource Centers
- Florida A&M University
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida International University
- Florida State University
- New College of Florida
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of North Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of West Florida
- Theodore R. and Vivian M. Johnson Scholarship Program