Florida Polytechnic University
On April 20, 2012 legislation was signed that immediately created Florida Polytechnic University as a new institution in the State University System of Florida. The legislation includes certain benchmarks to be achieved by Dec. 31, 2016.
- achieve accreditation from the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- initiate the development of the new programs in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics;
- seek discipline-specific accreditation for programs;
- attain a minimum FTE (student headcount or full-time equivalent enrollment) of 1,244, with a minimum 50 percent of that FTE in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, and 20 percent in programs related to those fields;
- complete facilities and infrastructure, including the Science and Technology Building, Phase I of the Wellness Center, and a residence hall or halls containing no fewer than 190 beds; and
- have the ability to provide, either directly or where feasible through a shared services model, administration of financial aid, admissions, student support, information technology, and finance and accounting with an internal audit function.